Hours: 25 per week (5 hours Monday to Friday. 10am to 3pm)
Salary: £18,525 per annum pro rata i.e. £12,350 for 25 hours per week
We help young adults with additional support needs to realise their potential by providing person centred education, life and social skills.
We are currently recruiting for a Caretaker/Housekeeper to support our service to help ensure a smooth day to day operation of the centres.
You will work alongside our Office Manager and Cleaners to maintain standards, support with cooking lunches, maintain health & safety and general administrative duties. You will be highly motivated, organised and bring passion and energy to the role.
For us, it’s not so much about what you know, but your attitude and values that are most important. We will provide full training on what you need to know, but you must be able to live our values:
- Person centred – building positive relationships that recognise and celebrate the individual
- Respect – respect and value differences
- Humour – we want to see happy people, hear laughter and have fun
- Compassion – we strive to create a caring and empathetic environment
- Professional – passion and integrity are vital
- Resilient – flexibility, confidence and creativity to turn challenges into opportunities.
If you think this describes you, then we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- A full and robust training and induction programme
- Holiday entitlement of 36 days from the start of employment
- Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
- Flexible and agile working
- Family friendly policies, including family friendly working hours (8.30 am – 4.30 pm Mondays to Thursdays and 1.30pm finish on Fridays)
One other important thing you need to know.
The successful applicant must become a member of the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) Scheme. We will help complete this process, but you must be able to pass the required checks.
Closing Date: Monday 23 August 2021 (9am).
Interview dates: TBC
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our application form and (optional) monitoring form below.
You should submit completed forms to us by e-mail.
Please note: CVs will not be accepted and Sleep Scotland does not use recruitment agencies.