A transitional education extra needs support programme for young people with learning difficulties, autism and complex communication needs.
Post: Project Workers
Salary: £18,525 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
We help young adults with additional support needs to realise their potential by providing person centred education, life and social skills.
We are currently expanding our service and we are looking for passionate people who want to make a difference to join our Project Worker Team. You will work alongside our Team Leaders and Education Tutors to provide support and development for our students, each of whom have their own special talents and support needs. You will be able to inspire the people you work with, make a difference in their life and enhance their skills to enable them to reach their fullest potential.
For us, it’s not so much about what you know, but your attitude and values that are most important. We will provide full training on what you need to know, but you must be able to live our values:
· Person centred – building positive relationships that recognise and celebrate the individual
· Respect – respect and value differences
· Humour – we want to see happy people, hear laughter and have fun
· Compassion – we strive to create a caring and empathetic environment
· Professional – passion and integrity are vital
· Resilient – flexibility, confidence and creativity to turn challenges into opportunities.
If you think this describes you, then we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• A full and robust training and induction programme, including access to additional training during the course of employment
• Holiday entitlement of 36 days from the start of employment
• Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
• Flexible and agile working
• Family friendly policies, including family friendly working hours (8.30 am – 4.30 pm Mondays to Thursdays and 1.30pm finish on Fridays)
One other important thing you need to know. The successful applicant must become a member of the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) Scheme. We will help complete this process, but you must be able to pass the required checks.
We also have Sessional Worker positions available so please get in touch.
Closing Date: Currently no closing date due to expanding the service
Interview dates: TBC
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our application form and (optional) monitoring form below.
You should submit completed forms to us by e-mail.
Please note: CVs will not be accepted and Sleep Scotland does not use recruitment agencies.