A transitional education programme for young people with complex and severe communication needs
Salary: £9.28 per hour (plus 12.07% holiday uplift on each)
Hours: Hours: Variable
Do you have what it takes to support an individual on a one to one basis to maximise his participation in leisure and everyday activities?
Are you open to working flexibly, mainly evenings and weekends, to support our student doing his activities such as shopping, visiting the café or restaurant, swimming, or even going away for weekends?
So, a bit more about the service. The Befriending scheme delivers two types of breaks: an evening break, of around 4 hours, and a daytime break, of around 3–7 hours, during weekends and holidays. However, we are specifically in need of someone who meets the following criteria:-
- Qualified to SVQ level 2 of equivalent
- access to own car with business insurance
- experience in manual handling and medical support
- able to work weekends and evenings
- working 10-15 hours per week
The successful applicant for this post will be required membership of the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) Scheme.
Closing Date: No closing date, ongoing post
Interview Date: As and when required
- Application form (docx) or Application form (PDF)
- Equalities Monitoring Form (docx) or Equalities Monitoring Form (PDF) — optional
18G Liberton Brae
Please note: CVs will not be accepted and Sleep Scotland does not use recruitment agencies.